I’ve taught publishing and marketing courses at NYU and Mediabistro, and I’ve presented and led workshops/panels at a wide range of venues and conferences, including the Flathead River Writers Conference, Denver Publishing Institute, Frankfurt Book Fair, Yale Publishing Course, NYU Publishing Program, University of King’s College, Pace University, National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), Publishing Perspectives, Book Business Magazine, Underground Publishing Conference, Young to Publishing Group, Community of Literary Magazines and Presses (CLMP), BookExpo and more. Additionally, I’ve spearheaded large-scale digital publishing seminars for major publishing groups in the US, Argentina, and China.
Speaking topics include: publishing innovation; digital creativity; marketing impact and ingenuity; podcast and audiobook ascendancy; author platform excellence; digital storytelling; community building; and more.
Courses that I have developed and taught:
- Digital Storytelling Platforms and Methods in the Evolving Publishing Landscape (NYU)
- Digital Trends in the Book Industry (NYU)
- Book Marketing Strategies (NYU)
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Mediabistro)
- Social Media Marketing: Create Effective Brand Building Campaigns (Mediabistro)
- Social Media for Authors (Mediabistro)
- Establishing a Digital Platform (Mediabistro)