This course will teach you how to establish business objectives for your social communities, define desired customer behavior, identify KPIs, and use social media listening to connect with your audience in a meaningful way. Designed to be platform agnostic, this course will touch upon Facebook and Twitter as a means to deliver lesson content.
IN THIS CLASS, YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Identify your target audience on social media.
- Perform an audit of your existing marketing plan and social media tactics.
- Position your social media marketing efforts within the context of larger business goals and marketing objectives.
- Set measurable goals for your social media campaigns, and identify KPIs and supporting metrics.
- Create a social media listening action plan.
Week 1: Social Media as Part of Your Overall Marketing Plan
- Lesson 1: Leveraging social media to form long terms connections.
- Lesson 2: Establishing metrics and growth goals.
- Lesson 3: Creating a unifying force for your campaign.
Assignment: Define a hashtag as a unifying force in your campaign and build a
campaign around it. Explain how the hashtag can create a through line for the
campaign, and help find and engage your targeted audience.
Week 2: Establishing Channels and Protocols
- Lesson 1: Defining the channels that best align with your
- Lesson 2: Deeper dive into the nuances of social media.
- Lesson 3: Posting content effectively and maximizing use of limited assets.
Assignment: List the social media channels that make sense for your company/
brand/ project and why. Provide three examples of social media channel use and
include metrics on what’s working and what isn’t.
Week 3: Executing Social Media Strategies in Line with Company Goals
- Lesson 1: Shaping the voice of the channels through fan/follower engagement.
- Lesson 2: Inside the marketing meeting – how to get what you need and
make sure you’re delivering what others need.
- Lesson 3: Hootsuite and other social media dashboards to manage and
execute your social media plans.
Assignment: Formulate a complete social media marketing campaign with defined
overarching goals that are backed up with specific metrics.
Week 4: Reporting, Testing, and Continual Improvement
- Lesson 1: Reporting on campaigns and using regular reports to keep track of
social media goals.
- Lesson 2: Finding pathways forward from your data.
- Lesson 3: Rewarding your fans and making them super-fans and brand
Assignment: Assess your campaign. List three things that works, three things that
didn’t, and three ways in which you will improve the next campaign based on your
Questions about this course? Email me: email@example.com.